Read our faq
Q. Who will be mowing my lawn?
A. All our lawn care crew members are background-checked, uniformed, and most importantly, trained. From the hiring process to the training, we invest a lot of time in our crew members. We believe that they are the most valuable part of our lawn care company and we want to ensure that you are getting a competent, trustworthy, and respectful crew member on your property every week.
Q. Why do you strongly encourage mowing your lawn weekly?
- First, we are a professional yard care company that treats your lawn just like you would expect a professional doctor, lawyer, or accountant to treat you.
- The biggest reason for weekly mowing is that you should never cut more than 1/3 of the grass off at a time. This means that if you want your grass at 2 inches, then you need to cut it before it gets taller than 3 inches. In the south it is not uncommon for our grass to grow 2-3+ inches a week.
- Cutting more than 1/3 off causes stress to the lawn, usually cuts off all the green on Bermuda, and can create a buildup of thatch.
- Weekly lawn cutting encourages deeper root growth which in turn helps prevent drought stress.
- Weekly lawn cutting thickens the density of the turf making it harder for weeds to grow.
Q. How can I keep my lawn healthy?
A. The two most important things to do for your lawn are proper mowing and watering. Lawn Connections can help you find the right plan to make sure these are happening as they should.
Q. How much water does my lawn need?
A. The answer may surprise you, but every 7-14 days in Texas weather is sufficient, but make sure that the lawn is fully saturated.
What Clients Saying
Viana has been doing my lawn for several years. They show up every week, do a beautiful job of cutting, edging and blowing debris away - and all for a reasonable price. Their work is impeccable. I don't have to think about it at all ... it just gets done. I can't imagine using anybody else!
I have been using Viana lawn care for the past 3 summers. They are head and shoulders about the previous company that mowed my lawn. I am happy to have found them.
My experience with Viana lawn care has been positive. We started using them last summer (2017) for weekly mowing. The company sent out emails if there was going to be a planned delay due to weather but otherwise always arrived and cut our lawn on our scheduled day.